Sunday Stills




Okay, I missed the last couple but I'm back this week. Life has been so completely crazy and I need to take time to do the fun things.

This weeks theme was water and I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do. Initially I thought I'd take some ocean pictures but it's been so freaking cold and windy here I wouldn't dare go near the beach. I had planned on just pulling some from the archives if I had to. But yesterday as we were heading out to go to a wedding, I looked down my street and saw these:

DSC01070

It's been raining a lot for the last couple of days and the mountains are just covered in waterfalls.

Then, as we were driving along, we passed this place called Enchanted Lake. It's usually a marshy area that attracts a lot of water fowl and it's usually nice and blue. All the rain lately has resulted in a lot of run-off and this is what it looks like now:

DSC01078

That brown spot in the middle is Enchanted Lake. Pretty ugly right now.

Then, of course, there is always my favorite - rain drops:

DSC01020

Okay, that's my contribution to the game. I'm off to Sunday Stills to see what everyone else did.

11 Responses to "Sunday Stills"

gtyyup (visit their site)

The first pic with the water falls is amazing...that's a lot of water!! Look forward to seeing a pic of Enchanted Lake when it's clean...I imagine it's beautiful.

Rising Rainbow (visit their site)

What an amazing sight with the waterfalls rolling off of the mountain.

Sherri (visit their site)

We have plumeria all over the place. I brought our first plant home from Kauai about 15 years ago, I think. They are plentiful in this part of Florida and further south. I love the fragrance and they and the orange blossoms make balmy evening breezes seem almost like a fantasy.

Loved the pics.

Caffienated Cowgirl (visit their site)

Gorgeous...can I come? It's so cold and gray here!!!

CTG Ponies (visit their site)

Love the flower (especially since we don't have any right now)! All very good but I think the first one is my favorite.

Andrea (visit their site)

Loved the first one and the last one....gorgeous photos!!! :)

Lori Skoog (visit their site)

Nice shots...this is my debut week, so I am just getting into the swing of things. The next time I will do more than one photo too. Thanks for your comments on my Journal.

VioletSky (visit their site)

Rain has some great uses - making more waterfalls!

Regular Guy (visit their site)

Finally, I think I can leave a comment. Your waterfall picture is great. That must be an awesome sight. I like your flower shot too.

~ Sara ~ (visit their site)

Very nice, the last one is my fav tho.

lv2scpbk (visit their site)

I love that flower photo.