Sunday Stills



Is it Sunday already?? I'm on spring break and I'm getting far less done then I normally do. What is that saying, if you want something done ask a busy person. Well, I'm apparently working on proving the reverse, if you're not busy nothing gets done. Anywho....... This week's the subject is landscapes (I actually had to go look, I had forgotten). Since I have all kinds of landscapes from all around the island I decided to pull from the archives today. The hard part was finding one I haven't used before. But I did.

A couple of weeks ago we went to Aloha Tower:

DSC00983

and did something we haven't done in years.....Went to the top. From there I took a number of pictures on Honolulu and I thought I'd use one of those.

This one is taken facing east toward Waikiki. What you see is downtown Honolulu into Waikiki.

DSC00985

If you look really closely you can see the peak of Diamond Head between the buildings in the middle of the picture. There was a time, no so very long ago, when the law was there could be no building higher then a coconut tree in Honolulu. They had to pass a special ordinance to build Aloha Tower and that was the tallest structure in the state for a long, long time. I wish I could go back in time and see it when it was like that. I tried to find a photo from pre-statehood days and though I know they exist no one apparently has scanned them and posted them on the web. Anyway, that's my entry for today and I'm off now to see what everyone else did. If you want to join in the frivolity just click on the badge above.

14 Responses to "Sunday Stills"

Sherri (visit their site)

Love cityscapes. Nice shots, Flo.

VioletSky (visit their site)

Tall buildings look nice in a cityscape - shame they destroy the view from out beyond them!

J9 (visit their site)

Love all of the blues in this shot!

~ Sara ~ (visit their site)

I'm not much of a skyline person, but your shot is awesome! I really need to get off the farm more! :)

Also the tower is beautiful

gtyyup (visit their site)

Beautiful city shots!! I've never been there...maybe someday~~

MariesImages (visit their site)

Both are wonderful, nice to see a cityscape!!

Ed (visit their site)

Very nice I love the Aloha tower shot..:-)

Andrea (visit their site)

Excellent cityscapes!! The Aloha tower is stunning!! :)

Kelly (visit their site)

Very brave for going to the top...I don't think I could have! Love the photos!

Anonymous (visit their site)

I love the skyline. I though of doing one as we left town the other night. It wouldn't have been nearly as nice as yours. It's awesome.

Cheryl Ann (visit their site)

Very nice shots!

The Wife (visit their site)

Great city shot. I'm always so jealous of your location!

CTG Ponies (visit their site)

Excellent shots of the city! I love the colors.

Jen Mo (visit their site)

Wow, some great photos!!!! The city looks wonderful!