Misc. Photos

I've been taking pictures like a drunken sailor lately, and I plan on taking a whole bunch more today. But I have not really had the time to sit down and post some. Well, here's a couple that I particularly like. Not because they are great pictures but because the subject amuses me.

There is an artist gallery down the road from us and out front he has these:





They get painted differently depending on the holiday or occasion or whatever strikes the artist fancy. I love the second one because he's wearing an aloha shirt. The first one just seems to be random drawings on him.

I stopped to take these photos and as I was getting back into the car I saw the side window. It cracked me up and I just had to take a picture:




Poi, for those of you that may not know, is a local favorite. It's mashed up taro (a root vegetable like a potato) that has the consistency and taste of paste. It is absolutely disgusting and definitely an acquired taste. Some people like to leave it out on the counter and let it ferment a bit, then eat it. Thanks, I'd rather starve.

Okay, I'm off to get my pics ready for tomorrow's Sunday Stills. I've got some good ones.

3 Responses to "Misc. Photos"

Rick (Ratty) (visit their site)

I can't hold this comment in. I saw those horses, and the painting on them made me smile. Just think of the attraction if they could do that with real horses. It would delight people for miles around. It would have to be safe for the horse of course of course.:)

DeniseinVA (visit their site)

Fun photos Flo, nice shots. I enjoyed them.

Anonymous (visit their site)

Hi!
love to see that horse in blue. Is that for real?
See you around.