A full moon

I've decided that I need to carry my camera all the time and I need to be ready to stop everything to take a picture. I had to head out this morning at 6 am. It was still dark out and cold, the cold means that there are no clouds in the sky (clouds hold the heat in). It was beautiful. As I turned a corner the moon was low in the sky, perched right over a mountain, and absolutely huge! It was yellowish-orange and looked like you could just reach out and touch it. I, of course, did not have my camera with me and I have been kicking myself all day.

So when I went out just now to take the garbage out I couldn't help but notice the full moon rising in the east. I ran and got my camera.


I took this with the night photo setting on the camera (I guess that's what it's called) and I was steadying the camera on my neighbors mailbox :) I like how this came out but it has more of a halo then it does in real life. So I decided to play with my camera a little.



This one I took with the camera set on no flash and steadied on my neighbors mailbox. This one caused the shutter to stay open a looooooong time. It's interested but even more of a halo so that didn't really work. This one almost looks like the sun.

On that note, tomorrow we are expecting a big storm and I'm going to try and get some rain shots, not falling rain but things with rain drops. Interesting huh??

2 Responses to "A full moon"

AVCr8teur (visit their site)

I missed the moon shot yesterday. At least I got to see it through your photos.

Anonymous (visit their site)

Photos look great... nice thinking.... :)