Keeping the old posts

 I had forgotten this blog existed to be honest.  It's been years since I used it. But after writing my last, newest post, I went back and looked at some of the photos here and I was impressed. I'm not a bad photographer and if I put some real effort into it I could probably be pretty good. But some of these pictures brought back such memories. Hawaii is a beautiful place and somewhere I would frequently just travel around with my camera. What fun I had. Many of these posts start with, nothing was going on so I headed out to....... That's awesome. I want to be like that again. Of course, I've structured my life here so that I'm inside most of the time and that has to do with the summer weather. Even if I wanted to go out there are times when it is just too bloody hot. 

I've been thinking about Hawaii lately and I'm wondering if it's time for a visit. I do miss it somewhat, but I think I miss what it was when we first moved there. I miss the slow pace and the beautiful weather. I do not miss the crowds and the lines and the tourists. I just don't. I've often wondered if I would live there again and the truth of the matter is, I don't think so. I just went and looked at our old house and the crappy neighbors are gone - thank god. If they weren't there it's possible we would have stayed there longer. But then thoughts like these always lead me to where would we be now if that had happened? Would I have gotten the job that I love? Would we have made the friends we have? Would we be in the house we are in now? So many things hang on one decision, it's crazy. 

Okay, I've done enough traveling down memory lane, it's time to look forward. 

0 Responses to "Keeping the old posts"